|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 10:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 10:20 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a pregnant Ocala woman who was stabbed more than 30 times is recovering in a hospital.
Police say 59-year-old Samuel Roy Cone II was charged Tuesday with attempted murder after stabbing 40-year-old Jill Feingold.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/VEz3lj ) reports Feingold underwent surgery in Ocala after the Monday attack. She was then transferred to Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville where she and the unborn baby are listed in critical condition. She is 22 weeks pregnant.
Police say Cone is the uncle of Feingold's husband. Officers took Cone into custody outside the home, where he told police he was sorry but "they took all I had."
Ocala police Det. Mat Steckman says the attack apparently stems from a dispute over who will inherit Cone's mother's estate.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- History textbook under fire in Marion County
- Council allows autistic boy to keep chickens
- Scammers posing as bill collectors in Tampa Bay