|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 5:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 5:05 PM EST|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Gainesville man has been found guilty of first-degree murder in a drug-related shooting.
An Alachua County jury found 26-year-old Jonathan Rashad Peterson guilty Tuesday. The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/ZgzxL3) reports that he faces a mandatory life sentence at a March 15 hearing.
Authorities say Peterson had arranged to buy marijuana from 26-year-old Eugene Shelton at the Rocky Point apartments in August last year. Instead, Peterson killed Shelton and took the drugs.
Information from: The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun, http://www.gainesvillesun.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train