|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 5:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 5:05 PM EST|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Gainesville man has been found guilty of first-degree murder in a drug-related shooting.
An Alachua County jury found 26-year-old Jonathan Rashad Peterson guilty Tuesday. The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/ZgzxL3) reports that he faces a mandatory life sentence at a March 15 hearing.
Authorities say Peterson had arranged to buy marijuana from 26-year-old Eugene Shelton at the Rocky Point apartments in August last year. Instead, Peterson killed Shelton and took the drugs.
Information from: The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun, http://www.gainesvillesun.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders