|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 12:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 12:14 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Detectives are asking for the public’s help in locating a man wanted in connection with the Feb. 2 shootings that left one man dead and another man injured in Immokalee.
Gens Cadete, 28, is wanted on a Collier County Sheriff’s Office arrest warrant charging him with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder. The warrant was issued based on information and evidence gathered during the investigation, detectives said.
Detectives said Ernst Ganem, 20, and Gotty Charles, 19, were sitting in a vehicle in a parking lot at 601 W. Delaware Ave., around 12:30 a.m. when they got into an altercation with Cadete. Cadete then produced a weapon and shot both victims as they sat in the vehicle.
Ganem, 501 S. 8th St., Immokalee, was transported to NCH North Collier Hospital, where he later died. Charles, of Lehigh Acres, was transported to a local trauma center for treatment and was later released.
Witnesses at the scene said Cadete was driving a burgundy or pink four-door Ford, possibly a Taurus.
Cadete is described as black, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Cadete’s last known address is 2195 Chadwick Circle in Immokalee. Detectives said he may be staying in the Naples, Tampa or Jacksonville areas.
Detectives said Cadete should be considered armed and dangerous.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- The Salvation Army is answering the call for help