|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 5:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 5:43 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY - If you'd like to be a part of history, the Lee County Library System is giving you the chance. The library is getting ready to seal a time capsule, and suggestions from the public are being sought.
Margie Byers, with the library, says "public input is really important, and because there are so many creative people out there, they may think of something we might not think of. And we're really looking for something that will describe Lee County right now. Not just the time we live in, but what's unique to Lee County."
The capsule is on display during March at Fort Myers City Hall, then it will be traveling around the county. So far, some items have been suggested such as an iPad box and a Starbucks coffee cup. The capsule will be opened in May 2062 to celebrate the county's 175th anniversary.
To suggest an item to be stored in the capsule, check out the Hotlinks section.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti