|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 5:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 5:43 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY - If you'd like to be a part of history, the Lee County Library System is giving you the chance. The library is getting ready to seal a time capsule, and suggestions from the public are being sought.
Margie Byers, with the library, says "public input is really important, and because there are so many creative people out there, they may think of something we might not think of. And we're really looking for something that will describe Lee County right now. Not just the time we live in, but what's unique to Lee County."
The capsule is on display during March at Fort Myers City Hall, then it will be traveling around the county. So far, some items have been suggested such as an iPad box and a Starbucks coffee cup. The capsule will be opened in May 2062 to celebrate the county's 175th anniversary.
To suggest an item to be stored in the capsule, check out the Hotlinks section.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed