|Published:||Mar 05, 2013 4:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 05, 2013 6:47 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Jail records says Red Sox left-hander Drake Britton was arrested in Fort Myers, Fla., for driving under the influence.
The 23-year-old was arrested early Saturday morning. He was also charged with reckless driving and DUI with property damage. He posted bond later that day.
His arrest report says Britton was speeding when a deputy tried to stop him for "numerous traffic violations." The report says Britton drove his car over a curb and knocked down a fence. He then drove over it before making a complete stop. The report says Britton admitted to the deputy he had been drinking.
Britton was optioned to Double-A Portland in Maine during the team's first round of roster cuts. The club released a statement Tuesday saying they take the arrest "very seriously, and it is being addressed." They declined further comment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans