|Published:||Mar 05, 2013 7:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 05, 2013 3:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A silver Honda split in half when it crashed into a Waste Pro garbage truck in the westbound lanes of Colonial Blvd. at Ortiz Avenue Tuesday morning. The road was closed for about an hour, making a rough commute for drivers.
The driver of the Honda, Valentin Chavez Gonzalez, was cited for careless driving for running the red light. Gonzalez told police he ran the light because a driver stopped next to him, got out of the car and started making threats.
The two people in the Honda were taken to the hospital for treatment.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL