CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Starting at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, March 5, more than 20 non-profit organizations in Charlotte County will compete for their share of $625,000.
It's part of The Giving Partner's 36-hour challenge.
The challenge is open to 250 groups throughout Charlotte, Manatee, DeSoto and Sarasota Counties. Each group is looking to get as many donations from the public as possible within a 36-hour time frame.
Over this period, every donation will be matched, dollar for dollar, until the available funds run out. The challenge ends at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6.
There are other money prizes within the challenge, such as an extra $1,000 for the first 30 groups who record 50 donations of $50 or more. Also the 4 non-profits who have the most traffic on their Giving Partner profile get an extra $5,000 grant.
To donate, or for more information on the challenge, visit The Giving Partner website. Donations will not be accepted until 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Some of the Charlotte County organizations competing include:
- Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Association
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast, Inc.
- CENTER FOR ABUSE & RAPE EMERGENCIES OF CHARLOTTE COUNTY INC (C.A.R.E.)
- Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity
- Charlotte County Homeless Coalition
- CHARLOTTE HIV-AIDS PEOPLE SUPPORT INC
- CHARLOTTE LOCAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION INC
- CHARLOTTE PLAYERS INC
- CULTURAL CENTER OF CHARLOTTE COUNTY INC
- EARLY LEARNING COALITION OF FLORIDAS HEARTLAND INC
- GIRL SCOUTS OF GULFCOAST FLORIDA INC
- GULFCOAST LEGAL SERVICES INC
- JESUS LOVES YOU MINISTRY INC
- PEACE RIVER WILDLIFE CENTER INC
- ROYAL PALM PLAYERS INC
- Senior Friendship Centers Inc
- South County Family YMCA, Inc.
- SUNCOAST HUMANE SOCIETY INC
- TEAM PUNTA GORDA INC
- Tidewell Hospice, Inc.
- TRI-COUNTY COUNSELING & LIFE SKILLS CENTER INC
- Virginia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic