|Published:||Mar 04, 2013 10:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 04, 2013 10:17 AM EST|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Some residents of Ormond Beach are back in their homes after a wildfire was nearly contained.
Officials said the fire along the Volusia and Flagler county line had consumed about 1,100 acres and had threatened about 250 homes. The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported (http://bit.ly/15sITsg ) that the fire was about 85 percent contained.
About 130 firefighters battled the blaze, which started Saturday morning. The cause remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads