|Published:||Mar 04, 2013 10:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 04, 2013 10:17 AM EST|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Some residents of Ormond Beach are back in their homes after a wildfire was nearly contained.
Officials said the fire along the Volusia and Flagler county line had consumed about 1,100 acres and had threatened about 250 homes. The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported (http://bit.ly/15sITsg ) that the fire was about 85 percent contained.
About 130 firefighters battled the blaze, which started Saturday morning. The cause remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school