|Published:||Mar 04, 2013 12:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 04, 2013 12:51 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say a St. Petersburg maintenance worker was severely injured while cleaning out a city garbage truck.
Police spokesman Mike Puetz says the truck's driver closed the vehicle's rear hydraulic door without realizing that the worker was still standing by the door.
Puetz says the door closed on the worker's upper body, causing severe trauma.
The worker was hospitalized Monday morning with life-threatening injuries.
Puetz says the accident is under investigation and the truck has been removed from the scene.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- New phone scam targets caller ID
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment