|Published:||Mar 03, 2013 8:51 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2013 8:51 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- More than one thousand runners pounded the pavement in Fort Myers Sunday morning for the Hooters half marathon.
The course began at Hooters on Cleveland Avenue and proceeds down Colonial Blvd., onto McGregor Blvd., through the beautiful neighborhoods along the Caloosahatchee, then continues through the downtown River district, over the Edison Bridge and back. It then proceeds past the City of Palms Park and then continues south to the Edison Mall and then to back to Hooters.
The Hooters Half Marathon benefits the Moffitt Cancer Center and the Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida.
Since its inception, the Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon has raised over $120,000 for cancer research.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral