|Published:||Mar 03, 2013 8:51 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2013 8:51 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- More than one thousand runners pounded the pavement in Fort Myers Sunday morning for the Hooters half marathon.
The course began at Hooters on Cleveland Avenue and proceeds down Colonial Blvd., onto McGregor Blvd., through the beautiful neighborhoods along the Caloosahatchee, then continues through the downtown River district, over the Edison Bridge and back. It then proceeds past the City of Palms Park and then continues south to the Edison Mall and then to back to Hooters.
The Hooters Half Marathon benefits the Moffitt Cancer Center and the Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida.
Since its inception, the Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon has raised over $120,000 for cancer research.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges