|Published:||Mar 03, 2013 8:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2013 8:21 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - According to JetBlue, 149 passengers bound for New York's LaGuardia Airport returned to Southwest Florida International Airport after a bird stuck the plane shortly after departure.
JetBlue said the flight, which took off just before 1 p.m., landed safely. The aircraft was towed from the gate and is currently under inspection.
The airline said passengers will be rebooked on later flights.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery