|Published:||Mar 03, 2013 8:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2013 8:21 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - According to JetBlue, 149 passengers bound for New York's LaGuardia Airport returned to Southwest Florida International Airport after a bird stuck the plane shortly after departure.
JetBlue said the flight, which took off just before 1 p.m., landed safely. The aircraft was towed from the gate and is currently under inspection.
The airline said passengers will be rebooked on later flights.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers