|Published:||Mar 02, 2013 8:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 02, 2013 8:38 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- You can view history from the skies this weekend at the 4th Annual Warbird Weekend at the Punta Gorda Airport in Punta Gorda, FL. The event will feature a Static Warbird Display and flyovers.
The gates will be open between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 2, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013. Admission is a $10 donation per person or $20 per family, per day. Visitors can view a large variety of Warbird Aircraft such as B-25, C-45, P-51 Mustang, Yak-9, PT-17, BT-13/15, T-6, T-28, T-34,
L-39, O-2, DeHavilland Chipmunk. Food and drinks will be available for purchase from EAA Chapter 565.
Rides on tan AT-6 Texan and PT-17 Stearman will be available. Reserve your ride at www.historyflight.com.
Warbird Weekend is a fundraiser with proceeds benefiting organizations such as the Veteran’s Airlift Command and the Wounded Warrior Project with portions remaining within Charlotte County.
Additional information about the Florida Warbirds, EAA Warbird Squadron 24, and Warbird Weekend can be found at www.floridawarbirds.org or (941) 639-6188.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County