|Published:||Mar 02, 2013 8:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 02, 2013 8:38 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- You can view history from the skies this weekend at the 4th Annual Warbird Weekend at the Punta Gorda Airport in Punta Gorda, FL. The event will feature a Static Warbird Display and flyovers.
The gates will be open between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 2, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013. Admission is a $10 donation per person or $20 per family, per day. Visitors can view a large variety of Warbird Aircraft such as B-25, C-45, P-51 Mustang, Yak-9, PT-17, BT-13/15, T-6, T-28, T-34,
L-39, O-2, DeHavilland Chipmunk. Food and drinks will be available for purchase from EAA Chapter 565.
Rides on tan AT-6 Texan and PT-17 Stearman will be available. Reserve your ride at www.historyflight.com.
Warbird Weekend is a fundraiser with proceeds benefiting organizations such as the Veteran’s Airlift Command and the Wounded Warrior Project with portions remaining within Charlotte County.
Additional information about the Florida Warbirds, EAA Warbird Squadron 24, and Warbird Weekend can be found at www.floridawarbirds.org or (941) 639-6188.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Rep. Trey Radel speaks publicly on arrest, rehab and future
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Wawa, Chipotle and others come to South Ft. Myers
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise
- Man found dead in Golden Gate Estates Home
- Suncoast Santa competes with big drives for toys for kids
- LCEC band Killa-Watts play for LARC