|Published:||Mar 02, 2013 4:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 02, 2013 6:32 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Daniel Ball has been in this position before. He's currently in the Lee County Jail charged with robbing three banks last week.
The longtime criminal made his first appearance before a Lee County Judge Saturday morning. Along with the three counts of robbery, he's charged with grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
Ball was arrested on Friday night in Lehigh Acres. Sheriff's Deputies say he robbed the Fifth Third Bank at Boy Scout and Summerlin on Monday. The Edison National Bank in Downtown Fort Myers on Thursday. And the Fifth Third Bank at US 41 and Gladiolus on Friday.
He's no stranger to these types of allegation. His length criminal history includes a 2006 arrest and conviction for a three-day crime spree that includes another bank robbery.
Another accused bank robber made his first appearance in court Saturday morning as well. Jose Figueroa is charged with holding up the Wells Fargo in Buckingham on Friday, near Palm Beach Boulevard and State Road 31. He was arrested later that afternoon. Deputies say he's also a suspect in another bank robbery.
Just like Daniel Ball, Figueroa is also a convicted bank robber. He was released from prison in 2004.
The first appearances for these two men signify the end of a busy week for Lee County Law Enforcement.
Ball and Figueroa will each be back in court on April 1st.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft