|Published:||Mar 01, 2013 3:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2013 5:58 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies have detained a person of interest in a bank robbery that took place at 2:20 p.m. It happened at the Wells Fargo bank on 11801 Palm Beach Blvd.
Deputies say the male suspect, was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He jumped over the counter, went through drawers and took cash before fleeing in a vehicle, according Cpt. Shawn Ramsey with the LCSO. A weapon was brandished, but did not use it.
No one was injured.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools