|Published:||Mar 01, 2013 10:34 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2013 4:46 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Two people were killed after an H-2 Hummer collided with a minivan on Veterans Parkway late Thursday afternoon.
One of the deceased has been identified as 48-year-old Joanne Grimes of Venice. The other will not be identified until next-of-kin have been notified.
The crash flipped both cars onto their roofs. Grimes and a male victim were in the minivan. The driver of the H-2, 35-year-old Jason Jones and his 8-year-old son were taken to Cape Coral hospital with serious injuries.
Chief Jay Murphy says it's one of the worst crashes he's seen, and that Jones may have been driving recklessly.
There has been no word yet as to whether alcohol or drugs played a factor in the crash.
There have been 10 traffic deaths in Cape Coral so far this year.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.