|Published:||Mar 01, 2013 10:34 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2013 4:46 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Two people were killed after an H-2 Hummer collided with a minivan on Veterans Parkway late Thursday afternoon.
One of the deceased has been identified as 48-year-old Joanne Grimes of Venice. The other will not be identified until next-of-kin have been notified.
The crash flipped both cars onto their roofs. Grimes and a male victim were in the minivan. The driver of the H-2, 35-year-old Jason Jones and his 8-year-old son were taken to Cape Coral hospital with serious injuries.
Chief Jay Murphy says it's one of the worst crashes he's seen, and that Jones may have been driving recklessly.
There has been no word yet as to whether alcohol or drugs played a factor in the crash.
There have been 10 traffic deaths in Cape Coral so far this year.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest