|Published:||Mar 01, 2013 1:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2013 5:55 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The prosecution has rested in the Ryan Costello Second Degree Murder trial, and now the defense is calling witnesses to the stand.
In an effort to prove the injuries to 11-week-old Darwin Costello were not a deliberate act by his father, Ryan, the defense called his mother to the stand. She was caring for Ryan's two boys the evening Darwin was injured. She was brought to tears re-living that night, and told the court Ryan did not seem upset nor did she believe he would ever purposely hurt his children.
The jury could begin deliberations as early as this afternoon.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge