|Published:||Mar 01, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2013 10:47 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- 40-year-old Alvin Lee Fails died from his injuries when his motorcycle was hit by an Ford Expedition Thursday evening at he 300 block of Del Prado North, near the Racetrac gas station.
Police say the SUV was traveling South on Del Prado Boulevard approaching the intersection of NE 3rd Terrace. Fails was north on Del Prado Boulevard in the outside lane. At the intersection of NE 3 Terrace, the SUV turned east in the roadway to cross over the north traffic, and drove in front of the motorcycle driven by Fails.
During the traffic crash, the gas tank area of the motorcycle was compromised and caused both vehicles to catch fire.
The driver and passenger of the expendition did not suffer injuries.
Due to injuries sustained, a traffic homicide investigation is being conducted. This traffic crash is not alcohol/drug related.
There have been 10 traffic deaths in Cape Coral so far this year.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted