|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 10:14 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 10:16 PM EST|
Fort Myers Beach, Fl.- The Estero Boulevard project spans six miles from Crescent Street to Big Carlos Pass.
Island residents and visitors at today's public meeting had questions and concerns about the number of lanes that stretch across Estero Boulevard, and many do not want to see that center turn lane disappear.
The master plan is set to be done in six different phases, completing one mile at a time.
Back in 2000, a street scape master plan was done, but the plans were never laid out. Now, the preliminary plans are being shown to the community. Some of the items include a bike lane, a trolley pull off, and ways to ease traffic on the north end of the island.
The county tells us it will be about a year before this project gets underway. At this time there is only $7,000,000 available for this $40,000,000 project. That's enough money to fund one mile of this six mile project.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples