|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - A Port St. Lucie police officer was shot while responding to a domestic dispute call that became a hostage situation.
Police spokesman Frank Sabol told West Palm Beach's WPTV (http://bit.ly/15SPddS ) Thursday morning that the officer's injuries were not life-threatening. He is being at a hospital.
Sabol says officers were met with gunfire when they arrived at the scene just after 11 p.m. Wednesday.
Hostage negotiators and members of the SWAT team were called to the home and the man was arrested.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: WPTV-TV, http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/wptv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students