|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - A Port St. Lucie police officer was shot while responding to a domestic dispute call that became a hostage situation.
Police spokesman Frank Sabol told West Palm Beach's WPTV (http://bit.ly/15SPddS ) Thursday morning that the officer's injuries were not life-threatening. He is being at a hospital.
Sabol says officers were met with gunfire when they arrived at the scene just after 11 p.m. Wednesday.
Hostage negotiators and members of the SWAT team were called to the home and the man was arrested.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: WPTV-TV, http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/wptv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers