|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - A Port St. Lucie police officer was shot while responding to a domestic dispute call that became a hostage situation.
Police spokesman Frank Sabol told West Palm Beach's WPTV (http://bit.ly/15SPddS ) Thursday morning that the officer's injuries were not life-threatening. He is being at a hospital.
Sabol says officers were met with gunfire when they arrived at the scene just after 11 p.m. Wednesday.
Hostage negotiators and members of the SWAT team were called to the home and the man was arrested.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: WPTV-TV, http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/wptv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire