|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 11:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police are conducting a traffic homicide investigation due to the death of an unborn baby.
Just before 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, the police responded to a crash involving an ambulance and an SUV at the intersection of Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard and Canal Street. Witnesses say the driver of the ambulance ran a stop sign at the intersection and the two collided.
FMPD says 26-year-old Kristina Childs was driving the SUV. She had a 3-year-old, a 5-year-old and a 17-year-old in the car with her. The ambulance was driven by 30-year-old Harris Berenson. Another paramedic in the ambulance has been identified as Shawn Robinson.
Two paramedics in the ambulance were transporting a patient to Gulf Coast Hospital, but witnesses say the emergency equipment was not activated. All four people in the SUV were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. The paramedic driving the ambulance and the patient being transported were also taken to the hospital. All had serious injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.