|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 12:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 11:46 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.-The Florida Highway Patrol needs the public's help tracking down a hit and run driver.
Troopers say 47-year-old Howard Vanpelt was driving his scooter on Golden Gate Parkway headed towards the interstate, when a vehicle rearended him and took off. Vanpelt was thrown from his scooter and was seriously hurt.
The runaway driver was in a 1996 Chrysler Sebring that looks like the one pictured. There is possible damage to the front headlight area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Florida Highway Patrol, Ft.Myers Office/Trooper D. Rodriguez, (239) 938-1800.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges