|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 12:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 11:46 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.-The Florida Highway Patrol needs the public's help tracking down a hit and run driver.
Troopers say 47-year-old Howard Vanpelt was driving his scooter on Golden Gate Parkway headed towards the interstate, when a vehicle rearended him and took off. Vanpelt was thrown from his scooter and was seriously hurt.
The runaway driver was in a 1996 Chrysler Sebring that looks like the one pictured. There is possible damage to the front headlight area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Florida Highway Patrol, Ft.Myers Office/Trooper D. Rodriguez, (239) 938-1800.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court