|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 9:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 9:55 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Ryan Costello is on trial for allegedly beating his son Darwin to death after getting into a verbal and physical altercation with the child's mother, Whitney. The child died in 2010 after being brought to Healthpark Hospital in Fort Myers. When police went to the Costello's south Fort Myers home to investigate, they found a room that was later described as a marijuana grow room. They also found numerous bottles of oxycodone. Whitney Simonsen, the child's mother was arrested on drug charges. She accepted a plea deal to spend 10 years on probation in return for her testimony against her former fincee Ryan Costello in the murder trial.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'