|Published:||Feb 28, 2013 10:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2013 10:32 AM EST|
ORANGE CITY, Fla. (AP) - Police arrested a central Florida man who shot at the car of a fleeing shoplifting suspect in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
Orange City police say Jose Manuel Martinez was charged with aggravated assault and shooting into an occupied vehicle on Wednesday.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/VcUSbB ) reports Eddie Mckee stacked steaks and ribs into his cart and tried to leave the store without paying. But he ran when a security officer followed him.
Martinez told police he joined the chase. And when he couldn't stop Mckee, he pulled a 9 mm handgun and shot four times at the vehicle, saying he wanted to "mark the car" for police. Martinez has a concealed weapons permit.
No one was injured, but Martinez and Mckee ended up in the Volusia County Jail.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating