FORT MYERS, Fla. - Southwest Florida's own semi-pro football team the Florida Stingrays is well into its new season, with its next 2 home games this Saturday and next Saturday, at 6 p.m. at Rutenberg Park in Fort Myers.
The team features players 18 and up and can be a jumping off point for some to go to collegiate or professional football.
The organization also highlights community, and players often visit schools, read to kids, and strive to provide good role models for the younger generation.
The Stingrays are also the focus of a documentary called Journey Men. More information on that is available here.
For more information on the team and how to help out, visit the website.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America