|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 5:02 PM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested 20-year-old James Dixon, of 2523 25th Street, a third suspect in Friday night's shooting incident.
In addition to Trae and Ryan Ward, who have already been arrested for this crime, witnesses said a man known only as “Pudda” also shot at Henry Salem, who was not injured. During their investigation detectives were able to identify the suspect as Dixon and obtained a warrant for his arrest, and then learned from the victim that Dixon threatened him Monday in an attempt to get the charges dropped against the Wards.
Dixon is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm and Tampering with or Harassing a Victim. The Fugitive Apprehension Unit located him this morning in the 2900 block of Lockwood Meadows Blvd., Sarasota, with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force.
Dixon has nine prior arrests in Sarasota County for charges that include drug possession, sexual battery and evidence tampering.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges