|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 5:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff Mike Scott wrote a personalized letter to the President outlining his opposition of proposed federal gun restrictions.
Scott has been outspoken in his stance of a possible amended 2nd Amendment.
In January the Lee County Sheriff joined hundreds of other law enforcement officials from throughout the nation in an online petition against proposed changes.
The letter was sent Monday. In it Scott wrote, "I cannot assign a Deputy to every citizen and business; therefore, I support their individual right to defend themselves."
The full letter can be found at: http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=site/about&cid=17
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme