|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 5:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff Mike Scott wrote a personalized letter to the President outlining his opposition of proposed federal gun restrictions.
Scott has been outspoken in his stance of a possible amended 2nd Amendment.
In January the Lee County Sheriff joined hundreds of other law enforcement officials from throughout the nation in an online petition against proposed changes.
The letter was sent Monday. In it Scott wrote, "I cannot assign a Deputy to every citizen and business; therefore, I support their individual right to defend themselves."
The full letter can be found at: http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=site/about&cid=17
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI