|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 3:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 3:27 PM EST|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Largo police say a man walked into the lobby of an office, pulled a gun from his waistband and fired several rounds into windows and doors before shooting himself in the stomach.
Police say they don't think 52-year-old Fred Michael Sumner aimed any of his shots Wednesday at people in the building. Witnesses told officers that he aimed at lobby doors and windows. He then shot himself in what police characterized as an attempted suicide.
Sumner was hospitalized but his condition wasn't immediately available. He has been charged with criminal mischief and shooting within an occupied building.
Police said he was distraught over an alleged affair that his wife was having and that she worked in the building. No one else was injured.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes