|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 11:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 11:07 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies found a longtime Tampa lifeguard shot to death inside his home and hours later his 22-year-old son was found hiding in his father's missing pickup truck.
Dametrius Edwards, Jr., remained in the Hillsborough County Jail late Tuesday on outstanding felony warrants for burglary, grand theft and violation of a domestic violence injunction.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Y1GeCJ ) reports Dametrius Edwards was shot once. He had worked as a lifeguard in Tampa for more than 25 years.
Hours after deputies discovered Edwards' body on Monday, they got a tip about his missing truck. They found it early Tuesday parked outside an apartment complex with the younger Edwards hiding inside.
The son has not been charged in connection with his father's death.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling