|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 10:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 1:25 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Publix Supermarket on Summerlin Road just before 8:30 a.m. Upon arrival, police learned that a woman wearing a trench coat and oversized sunglasses approached the customer service desk to purchase a candy bar. At that time, she handed the clerk a note that demanded money. The note implied that she had a weapon.
During the crime the suspect held her hand over her mouth and stated to the clerk “I forgot to put my teeth in today.”
The suspect is described as a white, middle-aged, female and she apparently wears dentures. The suspect fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash in silver sedan possibly a Mitsubishi.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel