|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 10:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 1:25 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Publix Supermarket on Summerlin Road just before 8:30 a.m. Upon arrival, police learned that a woman wearing a trench coat and oversized sunglasses approached the customer service desk to purchase a candy bar. At that time, she handed the clerk a note that demanded money. The note implied that she had a weapon.
During the crime the suspect held her hand over her mouth and stated to the clerk “I forgot to put my teeth in today.”
The suspect is described as a white, middle-aged, female and she apparently wears dentures. The suspect fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash in silver sedan possibly a Mitsubishi.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect