|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 10:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 11:06 AM EST|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man who worked at Pizza Hut is accused of impersonating a Pasco County Sheriff's Deputy to impress his girlfriend.
The Hernando County Sheriff's Office says 37-year-old Christopher Sharp was trying to impress his girlfriend. But the scheme landed him in jail after his Feb. 22 arrest.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/YXB20o ) reports that between August and January he told his live-in girlfriend that he was a Pasco deputy. He came home wearing a Pasco County Sheriff's uniform and often told his girlfriend, family and friends stories about things that happened during his shift. He even entertained partygoers on New Year's Eve with stories about DUI enforcement he'd been involved with earlier that evening.
He was booked on fraud charges. Jail records don't list an attorney for him.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space