|Published:||Feb 27, 2013 2:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 2:45 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cody Jay Howell, 26, has been sentenced to five years in prison for Aggravated Assault w/Firearm and five years in prison for Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. Both terms have a three year minimum/mandatory designation due to Howell’s status as a "re-release offender."
This stems from Howell’s involvement in a dispute at the Circle-K store located at Del Prado Blvd and NE Pine Island Road in November of last year.
Howell had words with two men in the parking lot of the store after which Howell threatened the men with a semi-automatic handgun. The victims identified Howell out of a lineup but Howell fled the state prior to his arrest.
A Cape Coral Detective assigned to the US Marshal’s Office Fugitive Task Force tracked Howell to New Jersey where he was arrested on the charges and extradited back to Lee County Florida. On Tuesday, Cody Howell was sentenced to state prison.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers