|Published:||Feb 26, 2013 3:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2013 3:27 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Officials say a waterspout came on shore along Tampa's Harbour Island, causing minor roof damage.
Bay News 9 (http://bit.ly/VL9jmb ) reports the National Weather Service confirmed the damage was caused by a tornado Tuesday morning.
The television station also reported wind gusts of 91 mph were reported in Cedar Key, along Florida's Gulf Coast, causing some downed trees.
Earlier Tuesday, the weather service warned of a risk of severe weather as a cold front moved across west-central and southwest Florida.
A tornado watch remains in effect until 3 p.m. Tuesday for Citrus, Hernando, Sumter, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Hardee, DeSoto and Highlands counties.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
(Photo courtesy: Robert Siegel)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing