|Published:||Feb 26, 2013 5:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2013 10:27 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Tuesday just before 5:00 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a traffic crash involving an ambulance and an SUV. The crash happened at the intersection of Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard and Canal Street.
Witnesses tell police the ambulance was traveling south on Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard. The SUV was traveling east on Canal Street. Witnesses say the driver of the ambulance ran a stop sign at the intersection and the two collided. Two paramedics in the ambulance were transporting a patient to Gulf Coast Hospital, but witnesses say the emergency equipment was not activated.
All four people in the SUV were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The paramedic driving the ambulance and the patient being transported were also taken to the hospital. All had serious injuries.
Police are still investigating the crash. The names of those involved in the crash are unavailable at this time.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed