|Published:||Feb 26, 2013 11:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2013 11:27 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County's marketing plan just got a big boost in funding.
Commissioners also voted to change the way they distribute tourist tax dollars. They want to spend an extra $2 million to market Collier County and bring more visitors to our beaches. The beach renourishment fund will also receive an extra $500,000.
Museums could see less funding, but the county manager said county tax dollars were available if they need it.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel