|Published:||Feb 26, 2013 11:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2013 11:27 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County's marketing plan just got a big boost in funding.
Commissioners also voted to change the way they distribute tourist tax dollars. They want to spend an extra $2 million to market Collier County and bring more visitors to our beaches. The beach renourishment fund will also receive an extra $500,000.
Museums could see less funding, but the county manager said county tax dollars were available if they need it.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013