SARASOTA, Fla.- The second suspect accused in a shooting over the weekend, was taken into custody Tuesday morning at a home in the 7000 block of 44th Court East in Bradenton. Trae Ward is the 21-year-old brother of 18-year-old Ryan Ward, who was taken into custody Monday.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office arrested the two in connection with a shooting near 25th Street and Euclid Avenue Friday night.
Witnesses say Ryan and Trae shot at 44-year-old Henry Salem multiple times after Salem tried to intervene in an altercation between a male and a female. Salem was not hurt.
Ryan was arrested Saturday and charged with one count of Aggravated Assault with a Firearm, his fourth arrest since 2010 on aggravated battery and weapons charges.
Trae has four prior felony arrests for similar charges.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man