JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man's body was found floating in the Atlantic Ocean off the Jacksonville coast, near wreckage from a boat.
Officials from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spotted the wreckage Sunday night about 22 miles east of the mouth of the St. Johns River. The U.S. Coast Guard joined the search and found the man's body floating nearby.
The Florida Times Union (http://bit.ly/15JihEK ) reports authorities don't know if other victims were in the water but 10 life jackets were found amid the wreckage.
A search of the area will resume Monday morning.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Coast Guard in Jacksonville.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare