|Published:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
NEWPORT, Maine (AP) - Most Maine residents are already tired of winter, but for one little Florida girl, the state's latest snow storm was a blessing.
Six-year-old Sophia Galvan is in remission from a form of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma.
When she had the opportunity to have a wish granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, she asked to build a snowman.
Her father, Victor Galvan, tells WABI-TV (http://bit.ly/13IgprN ) she had only seen snow on television.
The Orlando-area family flew to Maine last weekend and was welcomed by a storm. Her dad says Sophia was so eager she wanted to play in the snow as soon as they arrived at their hotel.
Sophia got to build her snowman, and also went on a sleigh ride, sledding and got a hot chocolate party.
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Court finds Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers