|Published:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
NEWPORT, Maine (AP) - Most Maine residents are already tired of winter, but for one little Florida girl, the state's latest snow storm was a blessing.
Six-year-old Sophia Galvan is in remission from a form of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma.
When she had the opportunity to have a wish granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, she asked to build a snowman.
Her father, Victor Galvan, tells WABI-TV (http://bit.ly/13IgprN ) she had only seen snow on television.
The Orlando-area family flew to Maine last weekend and was welcomed by a storm. Her dad says Sophia was so eager she wanted to play in the snow as soon as they arrived at their hotel.
Sophia got to build her snowman, and also went on a sleigh ride, sledding and got a hot chocolate party.
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road