|Published:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
NEWPORT, Maine (AP) - Most Maine residents are already tired of winter, but for one little Florida girl, the state's latest snow storm was a blessing.
Six-year-old Sophia Galvan is in remission from a form of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma.
When she had the opportunity to have a wish granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, she asked to build a snowman.
Her father, Victor Galvan, tells WABI-TV (http://bit.ly/13IgprN ) she had only seen snow on television.
The Orlando-area family flew to Maine last weekend and was welcomed by a storm. Her dad says Sophia was so eager she wanted to play in the snow as soon as they arrived at their hotel.
Sophia got to build her snowman, and also went on a sleigh ride, sledding and got a hot chocolate party.
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students