|Published:||Feb 25, 2013 5:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 6:18 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police responded to a bank robbery at the Fifth Third Bank, located at 1701 Boy Scout Dr. this afternoon. Upon arrival, witnesses told police that a white male, wearing a blue baseball cap with long hair protruding from under the hat, wearing jeans, and a long sleeve blue sweater with a white shirt underneath, entered the bank and demanded money using a note and implied that he had a weapon. Witnesses also describe the suspect as having a unknown tattoo on the left side of his neck.
He then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash.
No one in the bank was hurt during the robbery.
Witnesses stated that the suspect fled the bank southbound on foot. Responding units are on scene and are actively attempting to locate this suspect in the area.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- LCSO investigates shots fired in Gateway
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News