|Published:||Feb 25, 2013 2:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 6:00 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County woman, who investigators say conned family friends out of thousands of dollars, backed out of a plea deal this morning.
Morgan Johnson allegedly told family and friends she was set to inherit millions of dollars, but asked them for loans while she waited for her money. Through more than a dozen transactions, unsuspecting friends loaned Johnson more than $45,000 in checks and cash before they realized something was wrong.
Johnson is charged with fraud and theft.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane