|Published:||Feb 24, 2013 8:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 24, 2013 8:59 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Sunday, two Naples men got a touching sendoff from family and friends as they left for Mount Kilimanjaro.
The men are embarking on a nine day journey to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money and awareness for a Naples non-profit aimed at helping women and children in need.
Glen Schwesinger and Gordon Kellam set a goal to raise $50,000 and every penny will go the Shelter for Abused Women and Children in Naples.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Lee County Supt. Dr. Joseph Burke reflects on past two years