|Published:||Feb 24, 2013 8:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 24, 2013 8:59 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Sunday, two Naples men got a touching sendoff from family and friends as they left for Mount Kilimanjaro.
The men are embarking on a nine day journey to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money and awareness for a Naples non-profit aimed at helping women and children in need.
Glen Schwesinger and Gordon Kellam set a goal to raise $50,000 and every penny will go the Shelter for Abused Women and Children in Naples.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses