|Published:||Feb 24, 2013 10:34 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2013 1:19 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for shooting 16-year-old girl outside a popular restaurant just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Officers say they responded to a victim suffering from life threatening gun shot wounds at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Fort Myers Police say Kanasha Isaac and a friend got into their car after eating at Miller's Ale House located at 4400 Kernal Circle in Fort Myers, when a car pulled in front of them and blocked them into their parking space.
FMPD says a window rolled down and the friend recognized Henry Brunson in the car. Police say Brunson had a gun and started shooting at Issac and her friend. He then drove off.
"We basically heard about five gunshots, we didn't get to see any activity out there. It just happened right in front of the front door," said witness Eric Crespo.
Officers arrested Brunson Sunday and charged him with second degree murder and transported him to the Lee County Jail.
Issac has been pronounced clinically dead but remains on life support at Lee Memorial. The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school