FORT MYERS, Fla.- Saturday around 11:45 p.m., officers responded to Lee Memorial Hospital in reference to a female patient that had arrived in their emergency room suffering from a gunshot wound.
Physicians pronounced 16-year-old Kanasha Isaac clinically deceased but she remained on a life support system. The witnesses who drove Isaac to the hospital stayed on scene to speak to police about the crime.
Police learned that the witnesses along with the victim got into their car after eating at the Ale House located at 4400 Kernal Circle. Soon after, a car pulled up in front of them blocking them in their parking space. A passenger side window rolled down and the witnesses recognized 24-year-old Henry Brunson armed with a handgun. They say Brunson started shooting at them and then the suspect’s car fled the scene.
On Sunday, officers with the Violent Crimes Task Force located Brunson and he was taken into custody without incident. Police arrested Brunson for second degree murder and transported him to the Lee County Jail. The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.