|Published:||Feb 23, 2013 9:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2013 9:12 PM EST|
ARCADIA, Fla.- About 131 soldiers bid farewell to their families Saturday morning as they boarded buses in Arcadia and head out for deployment.
The National Guard unit will head to Qatar for a year-long deployment.
They last deployed to Iraq in 2005.
Families members gathered for hugs and well wishes as their loved ones boarded the buses.
The DeSoto County Sheriff's Office escorted the buses as they left town.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man