|Published:||Feb 23, 2013 9:04 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2013 9:04 PM EST|
WELLINGTON, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man kicked by a horse at a South Florida polo club has died.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Teri Barbera says Jose Calverio was taking a horse from a field Friday afternoon at the International Polo Club in Wellington.
Barbera says Calverio spooked another horse as he ran behind it. The other horse kicked Calverio, knocking him unconscious.
Calverio was flown to a hospital. He was pronounced dead about an hour after the accident.
Barbera said Saturday that Calverio was a paid horse groomer for a professional polo player.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/23/2013 4:25:44 PM (GMT -5:00)
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns