|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 8:50 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Southwest Florida and Lee County Fair is returning for its 89th year.
The fair runs through Sunday, March 3 at the Lee Civic Center, located at 11831 Bayshore Rd., North Fort Myers.
Some of the highlights include new and classic fair rides, provided by Reithoffer Shows, food, strolling and stage acts, livestock shows, the Sea Lion show, and Alligator Wrestling, which is new this year.
Friday, February 22, the fair's opening ceremony starts at 4:30 p.m. at the front gate. From 5-6 p.m., guests get free admission and free rides.
On weekends, the fair opens at noon, and on weekdays, it opens at 5 p.m.
Admission and ride specials are:
- Moonlight Madness, Fridays, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., $25 wristband
- Harry Chapin Food Bank Night, Monday, February 25, free admission with 3 cans of food per person
- 12 Buck Tuesday, Tuesday, February 26, $12 wristband for rides only, regular admission applies
- Coupon Days: Wednesday, February 27, Thursday, February 28, $2 off admission, $2 off wristband with coupons found in Valpak coupon packets.
More information on specific show times and the schedule is available at the fair website.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Missing baby may be in the company of Lakeland woman
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida