|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 11:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 2:54 PM EST|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Mindy McCready's funeral has been scheduled for Tuesday in her hometown of Fort Myers, Fla.
The funeral for the late country star will be held at 2:00 p.m. at Crossroads Baptist Church and will be open to the public.A Friday news release says a Nashville memorial organized by friends and the music community is tentatively scheduled for March 6 at Cathedral of the Incarnation.
McCready committed suicide Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark., days after leaving a court-ordered substance abuse treatment program. The 37-year-old mother of two died from a single gunshot to the head about a month after her longtime boyfriend David Wilson was believed to have killed himself in the same location.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space