|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 11:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 11:55 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police say 57-year-old William Joseph Yetter died yesterday at Gulf Coast Hospital after suffering a medical problem and crashing his pickup truck into a gas pump at 7-11, located at 720 Chiquita Boulevard North. This is the 7th traffic fatality for Cape Coral in 2013.
Yetter was parked in a parking space at the gas station, while gettign something from the store. He left the store, got into his truck and began to back up. While backing, police say it appears Yetter suffered an unknown medical problem, struck a metal support next to a gas pump and came to stop.
Bystanders nearby made contact with the driver and began CPR. Officers took over CPR when they arrived. An LCSO Deputy arrived on scene and utilized his department issued A.E.D. Yetter remained unresponsive. Lee County EMS and CCFD arrived and took over. They say he showed possible signs of life at that time. Yetter was taken to Gulf Coast Hospital by ambulance.
An autopsy is scheduled to be conducted in the next several days to confirm the cause of death. Police say the crash is not alcohol/drug related.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect