|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 11:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 11:55 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police say 57-year-old William Joseph Yetter died yesterday at Gulf Coast Hospital after suffering a medical problem and crashing his pickup truck into a gas pump at 7-11, located at 720 Chiquita Boulevard North. This is the 7th traffic fatality for Cape Coral in 2013.
Yetter was parked in a parking space at the gas station, while gettign something from the store. He left the store, got into his truck and began to back up. While backing, police say it appears Yetter suffered an unknown medical problem, struck a metal support next to a gas pump and came to stop.
Bystanders nearby made contact with the driver and began CPR. Officers took over CPR when they arrived. An LCSO Deputy arrived on scene and utilized his department issued A.E.D. Yetter remained unresponsive. Lee County EMS and CCFD arrived and took over. They say he showed possible signs of life at that time. Yetter was taken to Gulf Coast Hospital by ambulance.
An autopsy is scheduled to be conducted in the next several days to confirm the cause of death. Police say the crash is not alcohol/drug related.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel