|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 12:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 12:38 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's deputy located and arrested a Port Charlotte man on 13 outstanding warrant charges. Derik Markeese Davis, 20, of 21194 Meehan Avenue, was found hiding in a bedroom closet in a Port Charlotte home on Thursday. Davis remains in the Charlotte County Jail on $351,000 bond.
On Jan. 19, Davis went to his girlfriend’s Port Charlotte home; a friend of the victim was also in the home. An argument began between Davis and his girlfriend who is five-months pregnant. Davis kicked her in the stomach causing her to fall backwards into a sliding glass door that shattered and severely cut her arms and legs. The friend ran to the victim, but Davis pushed her away and the friend went to find something to defend herself. Davis then chased after the friend and outside on the front lawn, tackled her, punched her several times in the back of the head, and tried choking her. She was able to get away and call 911; Davis fled the scene. The victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. Davis was not located and warrants for his arrest were issued.
On Feb. 9, deputies responded to the victim’s home again. This time Davis broke in, smashed items in the home and ordered her not to testify against him in past cases. He then forced her to have sex with him then fled the home. The victim had an appointment the next day with the State Attorney’s Office and en route to the SAO she got a call from Davis warning her to drop the charges against him. More warrants were issued for Davis, but he continued to elude deputies and the Warrant Squad detectives until Thursday.
Davis is charged with two counts Aggravated Battery on a Pregnant Victim; two counts of Tampering with a Witness; two felony counts of Battery; one count each for Burglar with Assault, Sexual Battery, Grand Theft, Resisting an Officer, Throwing a Missile into a Dwelling, Violation of a No Contact Order and Failure to Appear.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them