|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 3:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 3:03 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit detectives raided a Port Charlotte home this morning, shut down a marijuana distribution business, seized $13,405 cash, 142 grams marijuana and four weapons, including ammunition. Raymond Quintana, 51, and his 31-year-old son Raymond Quintana, of 891 Jarvis Street, were both arrested. A warrant will be filed with the State Attorney’s Office for the arrest of the wife and mother, 69-year-old Maria Quintana, due to the family not having a caretaker of their special needs daughter in the home; the Department of Children and Families was notified.
Following a Narcotics investigation asearch warrantwas obtained and executed at 6:30 a.m. along with the assistance of the Street Crimes Unit. The father and son admitted to selling marijuana and both using Cocaine. A search of the home located $7,255 in a cabinet and $6,150 in a dresser drawer, along with a drug ledger. Also seized in the father’s bedroom wasa revolver, a shotgun and two rifles, along with 82 rounds of ammunition. The father is a convicted felon and is not allowed to possession firearms or ammo.
Two baggies of marijuana, one with 100 grams and the other containing 42.4 grams. were also seized. A digital scale, two baggies, a cut straw, all with Cocaine residue; a smoking pipe, rolling papers, spoon, a box with marijuana “shake” and two grams of marijuana in a baggie were all seized as evidence.
The father and son were taken to the Charlotte County Jail. Both were charged with Possession of Marijuana to Distribute, Possession of Marijuana Over 20 Grams, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. The 61-year-old father was also charged with Possession of Firearms by a Convicted Felon. The 31-year-old son was additionally charged with Possession of Cocaine.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI