|Published:||Feb 22, 2013 4:04 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2013 4:04 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is advising motorists to use caution Saturday, Feb. 23, on S.R. 776 (El Jobean Road) in Port Charlotte, due to increased traffic activity and pedestrian crossings. The first Tampa Bay Ray’s Spring Training game is Saturday at 1:05pm.
District-2 Commander Lt. Jill McBee says, “Eastbound lanes will be marked appropriately for through traffic and stadium traffic. CCSO asks that drivers use caution and reduce speeds due to the special conditions in that area. In addition, there is no parking on marked portions of Ester Avenue surrounding the Charlotte Sports Park per Florida Statues. When parking in the county right-of-way it’s illegal to park within 15-feet of a fire hydrant, 30 feet of a stop sign, or where signs prohibit parking on the county right-of-way. Vehicles parking in the county right-of-way should be completely off the road way to allow emergency vehicles to pass through unobstructed.”
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract